Friday, January 29, 2010

The time is coming...

It's still January, but I'm already dreading summer and buying a swimsuit. I haven't actually owned one for about five years, but I think it's about time I invest in a really good one. I always thought bathing suits were awkward, well... mainly two-pieces. It looks like you're just out there in your underwear. I think the best place to get a suit is Lane Bryant. They have built in Cacique bras, lots of support, sucks the tummy in, and they're super cute. I, of course, like the more vintage style suits... which works in my favor, since they cover you up more. Here's a few I found today that would look great on anybody...


This is the Polka Dot Maillot Swimsuit from Lane Bryant ($99.50). Definitely my favorite. It's got a built in balconette bra, giving you lift and support, and the halter is very flattering. There's rouching on the stomach to hide any squishy bits. It looks like a two piece, but it's not. I love how it goes lower on the hips and covers you more.







This is the Balconette Swim Top ($59.50), also from LB. Very cute, love the color. The rouching on the bra part is super flattering. This is only a top, so you'd have to get the bottoms separate. It's not super tight on the stomach, it kind of goes out and hides what you might not want to be seen.







This is the Miraclesuit Oceanus solid swimsuit from LB ($136). Probably my second favorite out of all the suits available there... and the priciest. The color is great and the criss-cross rouching detail is very flattering. Plus, it has soft molded cups, so you still get lots of support.




This is the Retro one-piece suit from LB ($99.50). Okay... this is neck and neck with the previous suit. Simple, black, halter... very flattering. It cinches in at the waist to make you look as tiny as possible. The halter ties in the back and has a removable extra strap to keep the top in place. It has a built in balconette bra and a skirt-type bottom for extra coverage. Love it!
After seeing all these, I'm actually looking forward to swimsuit shopping! Although they're a bit pricier than I thought swimsuits would be, I think it's worth it. They have so much built in support and rouching to make you look great. I'd recommend any of these for anyone, even little skinny people, haha.

2 comments:

  1. Not only did I make a link to your site on Sunday, love your Pin up girl clothing post and add this blog to my blog roll there, on http://plus-size-womens-fashions.blogspot.com/ I plan to refer to this swimsuit post on my http://swimwear-by-annehunter.com/ swimwear blog later in the week when I write about retro swimwear styles I have seen!

    I always learn something when I come to your site, and I love your style! Excellent choice on the new template too!
    Keep up to great work!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. These clothes are great especially for the fat ones. My aunty gotta try this.

    ReplyDelete